The 10th anniversary of the war in Afghanistan is next week, on October 7. Have you been thinking of which story you’d like to share in our online slideshow, “Your life in the decade of war”?
Everyone has a story, and I want to help you tell yours. Here are some ideas to get you thinking about how your life has changed in the last ten years:
• Have you moved to a new city or state? A new home? Has your neighborhood changed in the last decade?
• How has your family changed? Have you watched your grandchildren grow? Were you a child yourself when the war in Afghanistan started?
• How have your tastes changed? Were you listening to ‘N Sync in 2001, and now you listen to Lady Gaga? Did you hate vegetables, and now you eat a salad every day?
• Have you started a new job? Graduated from school?
• We have spent billions of dollars on war in the last ten years. How has the economy impacted your life in the last ten years?
You can click here to see examples of these kinds of stories in our gallery and submit your own.
If you don’t have photos of yourself you’d like to use, you can tell a story with photos of places or objects. There are several good websites where you can find free, public domain photos that you can use however you’d like.
If you don’t have a picture to tell your story, please share your story in the Facebook comments on our gallery page. Also, keep an eye out for a special action on the 10th anniversary, Friday October 7th. All that matters is that you share your story. Click here.
The media and the public are not thinking about the war as often or as deeply as they should. Please join us in this special effort to send the message that ten years of war is ten years too long.
I look forward to reading your stories.
Any year of war is too long. I don’t want to disagree with your facts because they do make their point. I believe that we should focus on helping each others more that on the war itself because that0’s how we feed these “warlike” people. Help anyone i need. I like your title : peaceactionwest because it has a positive aspect ( in other words it doesn’t say e.g. against war action west). Good go! I have a blog of my own and I’m truly focused on helping people. If you have time, please visit http://makemeupbeautiful.com, it would make me more than happy!